Vrindavan Dhama SEVA Message to all Brijbasis and visitors to Sri Vrindavan
Dham and the Braja Mandal
-Urgent -Urgent -Urgent -Urgent -Urgent -Urgent -Urgent -Urgent -Urgent-
My dear residents of Vrindavan and all visitors to the holy Dhama.
Please accept my respectful dandavat pranams to all of you.
This message and these proposals are important to all of us, because
the future of Vrindavan is in danger and we should all help to make
Vrindavan the most beautiful and clean pilgrimage place in the world.
Please read this message and if you agree than sign it and distribute
it to all other people you know by Photocopy.
Vrindavan and Vraj Mandal is not only important for Indians, because
Brajendra Nandan Krishna is God himself and people from all over the
world come here to see his birth and lila places and to find peace and
The future of Vrindavan depends on our responsibility and needless to
say the mercy of Sri Sri Radha and Krishna and all their devotees.
We are proposing the following action plan to clean and serve Vrindavan.
Cleaning the Dham
1. No more plastic should be used as much as possible. Do not accept
plastic bags in shops. Everyone should pick up plastic if he sees it
2. All plastic, batteries and other poisonous items must be kept and
disposed of separate to not poison the land and the Yamuna, such as
the Kaliya demon did.
3. Like the WWF has wonderfully started to plant trees all over Vrindavan,
it should be continued and increased on all private properties to give
shade, clean air, more water and the feeling of a Forest to Vrindavan.
4. The Parikrama, and preferably all streets in the inner circle of
Vrindavan must be clean. All citizens are responsible. Schools should
take their children on walks to clean up the Dhama. Special garbage
containers should be put everywhere.
5. The bangi community must be trained and paid to separate different
types of garbage for recycling and depositing without danger to the
earth and the esthetic appearance of Vrindavan.
6. All citizens, who own a little land should learn to compost the organic
waste of their houses to turn them into fertilizer.
7. Vrindavans system of dry toilets ( the old style), and pigs eating
stool is better then flushing stools mixed with lots of water into the
Yamuna. Even worse for the Yamuna are detergents and plastics. Making
good septic tanks is one solution for new constructions and for old
once as well if their is place to make it. Hopefully bigger water purification
systems can be created for all the black and grew waters.
In order to transfer Vrindavan and Vraja Mandal into the best holy place
of the world the following steps should be taken.
1. Pilgrims should not be hassled. Donations must be voluntary when
pilgrims visit temples and shrines, otherwise we lose the wonderful
atmosphere in the temples.
Every temple should have the same type of sign plaque in Hindi, English
and Bengali regarding their name and lila taking place there for all
visitors to easy understand the location.
1. No cars should be allowed in the inner circle of Vrindavana or on
the narrow city roads.
2. Exceptions to this rule can be police, ambulances and special emergency
vehicles which are painted distinctively and have a permit.
3. Outside Vrindavan on Raman Reti and Mathura Road area special guarded
parking places must be established by municipality.
4. Riksa drivers should dress clean and uniformly to have a better presentation.
5. Special price list for all destinations should be there for all passengers
to be able to look at, to avoid price fighting with visitors.
6. Scooters and bicycles must be refrained from racing at high speeds
through small streets. That creates a danger and constant anxieties,
especially for the children and senior citizens.
1. No stone buildings can be destroyed. They must be repaired as before
to maintain the old atmosphere of Vrindavan. Paint shall be removed
from all carved stones.
2. Stores in front of temples should not be allowed to cover the building.
3. New buildings most be approved by the Vrindavan municipality preservation
committee ( to be created), which most publish guidelines for the future
contractions in Vrindavan.
4. Construction of places like Brahma Kunda and others must be finished
5. Wires should be as much as possible underground in the cities.
6. No cement or marble may be put around trees. They will die after
a while as we have seen in Radha Kunda at the place lord Chaitanya sat,
as well as in the courtyard of the Krishna Balaram temple and Imli Tala.
Our precious trees are dying, because with good intentions we cover
up their lifeline.
7. No houses should be used as billboards for advertisement. All advertisements
or shop signs shall be only permitted written on marble plaque.
8. The municipality should have a architect office to guide constructors
how to maintain a nice looking front of their buildings free of charge.
1. All leading citizens should approach the government to get them to
request the UNESCO to include Vraja Mandal in their World heritage list,
which lists all locations in the world which have cultural, historical
or environmental importance for more then only the local area.
2. A special pilgrimage protection police shall dedicate themselves
to preserve the rules of order and to direct the relationship between
the pilgrims and the local people like a kind of tourist police, to
make sure nobody leaves the Vrindavan with a bad impression.
3. The Economic future of Vrindavan depends on the successful care for
all the problematic sores of our environment. All Brijbasis will benefit
if the quantities of pilgrims will increase and if the fame of Vrindavan
spreads all over the world.
4. All Religions take care for their holy places in a special way. Vrindavan
has to be no exception to this rule.
5. Since all action depends on conscious awareness, we start this action
plan by circulating and signing this document to everyone in the community.
Then automatically the municipality and local action groups and schools
will take responsibility to implement these ideas as much as possible.
Cleanliness, order, organization and discipline are necessary to realize
our plan. Freedom through knowledge.
6. With the power and the participation of all the big Ashrams and local
leaders there is no scarcity to make Vrindavan what it is supposed to
be. Let us all work for these goal and no doubt we all will be blessed.
Your servant Swami B.A. Paramadvaiti -Vrinda Kunja- Vrindavan
sponsored by members of the WVA World Vaisnava Association
Dear Friends and Brijbasis
please be part of the solution and not of the problem.
Action plan: If you like these proposals sign this letter and make Photocopies
of this letter with your own signature included and distribute to others.
Vrindavan Dham ki jaya